Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day Prior to Departure

Well, here I am blogging. I'll have to admit, it's a little bit weird. It's kind of like the internet has a special password to the thoughts in my head which could not be a good thing.

I'm leaving for Peru for three months tomorrow morning. I'm starting to get pretty excited about everything. I'm really looking forward to being surrounded by amazing views and a new culture. However, I'm apprehensive about my inability to speak Spanish but there isn't much I can do about that at this point. I'll just deal with it as it comes.

This is my itinerary for the next couple of days:

-Fly to Miami & then Lima and arrive tomorrow around 9 pm.
-Pick up by youth hostel taxi.
-Fly from Lima to Cusco the following day & arrive at Cusco around 1 pm.
-Pick up by private taxi for trip from Cusco to Ollantaytambo.

The rest is an adventure. I'm still not positive where I'll be placed to volunteer and I know nothing about the family I will be staying with. This is a perfect example of the fact that I am not a planner. I simply don't care and look forward to the experience. I do know that I will be taking an intensive 40 hour Spanish class when I get there.

I bought a guitar! It's a black acoustic Fender (my mom still doesn't know....I imagine she'll find out tomorrow morning when I walk out of the house with it). It was relatively cheap and nothing special but I'm planning to teach myself over the next three months since I won't have a piano to play with anymore. Now everyone can anxiously wait for my inevitable fame (kidding).

I'm going to miss my cat. Whether this makes me a cat lady or not, it is a true statement.

More to come in a few days.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to make a skype account for the little bad kitty...you can see all the mischief he's up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of want to cry. One because you are gone and two because you have become a true cat lady.

    ReplyDelete