Friday, March 26, 2010

Black Out!

Today is Viernes. Friday. Yesterday & the evening before it rained quite a bit which is apparently a problem in the small town of Ollantaytambo because we had no power all day yesterday. And when there is no power & rain, there is very little to do. So, I hung out at the Awamaki office in the morning and did some lesson planning for our first week of classes with Julie. Then I returned home around noon to tune my guitar which I completed successfully & study up on my spanish a bit. Had some lunch & went off to Spanish classes which ended around 6:15 pm & the town was REALLY CLOSE to being pitch black. The power finally returned at 7:30 after we had a candelit dinner.

Spanish lessons are coming along...I guess. 3 hours a day, 5 days a week = a lot of information. So, I think I´m going to try and sit down for a couple hours this weekend and get some vocab & all that jazz under my belt. I can understand a lot in conversations but I am not comfortable speaking it.

Bad news- I found more puppies to feed at the same house as Skinny Dog. I fed Skinny Dog an entire pack of crackers yesterday, she seemed to enjoy them.

I might be going to Urabamba today which is the next town over with my house mom to the market. If not, I will be helping painting at the new Awamaki Office in town & hopefully running. There is a pizza & painting party at the new office tonight with some CERVEZA. Mmm.

Caio for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sliz,

    I love how you have taken on to feeding Skinny Dog and her fam, you're too sweet. We think about you all the time. Miss n love!

    Coco & Deano

    ReplyDelete